Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas India
The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas India is committed to perform its duties related to the exploration and production of oil and natural gas in India.
Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas in India is an authority responsible for managing the entire process of exploration and production of natural gas and oils in India. Its responsibilities are- refining 0of natural oil and gas in India, distribution of natural gas and oil and marketing of petroleum and natural gas in India and also to manage the import, export, and conservation of petroleum products and Liquefied Natural Gas in India.
The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas India is entitled to have its authority over the exploration and production of oil and natural gas in India under item no. 53, list 1, Seventh Schedule, Article 246 of the Constitution of India.
Note that in the above lines, the term item means the Regulation and development of oil fields and mineral oil resources, Petroleum and Petroleum by products and other liquids.
In short, the functions of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas in India can be summarized as being grouped into three broad categories which are:
Marketing & Distribution
Conservation of Petroleum Products
The present structure of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas India comprises of following entities:Public Sector Undertakings
1. Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.
2. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
3. Biecco Lawrie Co. Ltd.
4. Bongaigaon Refinery and Petro-Chemicals Ltd.
5. Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited
6. Cochin Refineries Ltd.
7. Engineers India Ltd.
8. Gas Authority of India Ltd.
9. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
10. IBP Co. Ltd.
11. Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
12. Numaligarh Refinery Ltd.
13. Oil India Ltd
14. Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd
1. Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals LimitedOther Organizations
1. Centre For High Technology
2. Directorate General of Hydrocarbons.
3. Oil Industry Development Board.
4. Oil Industry Safety Directorate
5. O.N.G.C. VIDESH LIMITED
6. Petroleum Conservation Research Association.
7. Petroleum Planning And Analysis Cell
8. Petroleum Federation of India (PetroFed)